Sunday 26 October 2014

London Fashion Markets and Design Clustering walk.

I decided to get to know London by going on a tour and taking snap-shots of all of the important fashion information. I travelled all over the famous fashion streets of London to understand how their fashion district was set out. The main points that I focused on was the store's locations, their visual presence and their market level clustering.

I started of my journey in Conduit St.:














Then off to Savile Row. This is the heart of some of the best tailoring stores in the world:










After I found myself in Bruton St., famous for its' commercial galleries:







After Bruton St. I took a visit to Mount St. This is the new fashion area in Mayfair:















After Mount St. I visited South Audley St.. Which is the next area to have been put on the map through fashion:   



Off to New Bond St. now. The clustering levels are high here, as there is so much competition on New and Old Bond St.:












Covent Garden is one of the new areas to home Luxury fashion. It has many pop-up stores to offer a little piece of the Luxury brand's identity:








Here is the Apple Store in Covent Garden. I photographed this as it is directly opposite the pop-up stores that I have photographed above. It shows how the fashion and technology worlds are now colliding. I feel as I'm sure do many brand owners, that the fashion industry cannot function without technology in this period of time:


No comments:

Post a Comment