Wednesday 26 November 2014

Brighton Fashion Markets and Design Clustering walk.

I decided to get to know Brighton by going on a tour and taking snap-shots of certain shops and unique findings. I travelled all over Brighton's streets, trying to understand how their fashion district was set out. I loved Brighton as it was so easy to find beautiful, unique shops that you wouldn't find anywhere else. I also thought that their graphic imagery, for example their street art and shop art was so quirky and there is nothing really like this in London! The main points that I focused on was the store's locations, their visual presence and their market level clustering.

Hope & Harlequin is a vintage store with a modern twist. Most things inside channels the 1920s and is all very delicate:




Papillon is mainly a homeware store, with a few items of clothing. It is base around Christmas at the moment, and has a pretty, enchanted feel to it: 




Angel Food Bakery is a quaint little bakery, selling mainly cupcakes. Walking around Brighton I came across lots of these and became more obsessed than ever. I love one-off tea/cake shops and it seems Brighton does too:




The Rose Hill Boutique is very difficult to find as it did not have a name above the shop. But it is a sweet little 'bits and bobs' shop for the home:


It also have a little mosaic wall around the bottom of its' shop, which I thought was very pretty and unique:


England At Home is a commercial homeware store, unlike the one-off boutique ones I have photographed previously. It had a slight inspiration for the '60s "I think, with a slightly psychedelic feel to it:



This is Ape is an independent record store, selling rare and one-off vinyls:


Wolf & Gypsy Vintage is a thrift store that really knew the meaning of the word. Their clothes were actually passed down to the shop through various sources: 


Snoopers Paradise is another vintage selling business. Except it is more of an indoor flea-market. I thought it was too unorganised, but I understand that it has a certain target market - as the inside of here was filled with snoopers:  


The street art found in Brighton is amazing! The town is so liberating in the sense that it has its' own identity, like no other. Brighton has a lot of interesting pieces of graffiti are, that artists use to express themselves. Except in Brighton it is embraced, rather than seen as tarnishing the community. Below are images I took of my favourite pieces of street art that I came across: 



















Here at the Brighton Museum I visited the Fashion & Style Gallery and came across some quite eccentric pieces. There was definitely an array of history on all different styles and periods in Brighton: 





Here at the Brighton I also came across the original world war one posters in the prince and drawings gallery. These were posters, that were aimed at promoting enlisting young soldiers. They were very thought provoking and poignant. Also at the same time from a graphical point of view, some of them were very powerful:




No comments:

Post a Comment