Thursday 20 November 2014

Diorissimo Fashion Film Planning UPDATE!

In the planning of my Diorissimo Fashion Film, I have come across some obstacles in the original setting that I wanted to use. Finding a film/photo ready bedroom was not an easy task. Therefore I have decided to update my idea in some areas.

My Aim (updated)

My model is still going to adopt the role as a young professional that is about to leave for a meeting. But instead of filming the process of her getting ready in her bedroom, the filming is going to start as she has just closed her front door. 

As she leaves her house, she is stressed and flustered because she has realised that she is going to be late. To signify this I would like to add a filter on the film's editing. I would like it to have a dismal and dull feel. 

But as she starts walking she notices cream petals on the floor (signifying the lily of the valley). The trail catches her attention and she wants to find out where it will lead her. The scent coming from the petals is so inviting, that she completely forgets that she has to get to her meeting. 

As she follows the trail of petals it takes her through the route to her meeting, and then to a beautiful park. As she gets to the end of the trail and she has explored the park a little  she finds herself under a secret tree. She looks over and there it appears - Diorissimo. 

As she picks the fragrance up everything becomes clear, as though this is what she needs to calm her down from her hectic lifestyle. To signify the change in her mood, like I said before I would like to add another filter on to the film's editing. I would like it to have a bright, glowing feel. 

Setting/Location (updated) 

At first I was going to shoot my Diorissimo fashion film in Chelsea. It reminds me of Paris, in the sense that it owns beautiful heritage streets. It's quaint, delicate houses also set the scene of somewhere that I can imagine my model living. 

But as I got brain storming I remembered how much certain parts of Greenwich resembles Chelsea. I took a visit there and chose my perfect spot where I wanted to film my model running out of her house, rushing to her business meeting. Then directly across the road is Greenwich park, when I want the petals to lead her in to. She will then find herself searching through the park. She will then notice the beautiful scent which is Diorissimo under a secret tree on a branch!

Although somehow, I still wanted the audience to realise that she is a business woman and to understand her story. So I am going to shoot a scene of her following the trail of petals, with the London city skyline in the background. The petals will then lead her to the fragrance in the park. But this signifies her as a person and shows that she never does make it to London city, which is so close to her. As more importantly now the fragrance is what she needs to get to.


Props (updated)

I want my Diorissimo fashion film to be very simplistic and therefore only want two props. This is because I want my model to tell the story through her actions and emotions. I also feel that it is very important, that in a fragrance fashion film that the main focus is the perfume. So if there is a lot of props then it is easy to forget the meaning of the film. 

The first prop I am going to have in my fashion film is cream petals to signify the lily of the valley, which is one of the top notes of Diorissimo's scent. I want to use real petals as this will look authentic and beautiful. These are going to be what signifies my model from getting to her meeting on time. 



The second trio of props is going to be the Diorissimo bottle, box and bag. I could not get hold of the real bottle, but I am going to use a bottle that looks most similar to the actual bottle. My model is going to spray the scent over herself once she finds it; this is what changes her whole persona. I feel that is it important for the box to also be in the Diorissimo fashion film to show the different aspects of the product. Finally, I managed to get my hands on Dior's latest Christmas perfume gift bag and gift tag. I think that this will be a beautiful little extra for when she gets up and leaves the bench. It gives her somewhere to place the scent, still showing the Dior logo. But it also shows what extras are on offer at this Christmas time period interns of gift presentation. 



Music (updated)

The song I decided to use for my Dior fashion film is the instrumental version of Jennifer Lopez - Hold You Down. This song came straight to my mind firstly because of the instrumental itself. It sounds so apt for the Christmas season because throughout the song it has an enchanted, bell-like sound by using bar chimes. But also even though I did not use the song with the lyrics, they can be related to how my model feels about the fragrance. As the overall concept is about depending on something when things get stressful. Therefore the moral of my Diorissimo fashion film is that my model is stressed with her daily life, and the fragrance is what takes her away from it all. 

Camera Anlges/Shots (updated) 

At the start of my Diorissimo fashion film I want the camera to be at a distance from my model, so that you can view the beautiful road that she lives on. Not only will it tell you story about her life, but it will remind you that you are watching an elegant Dior fashion film. 

As my model rushes along her street, I want the camera to show different angles and shots of her hair, make-up and style, to show her personality. But to also show her emotions and captivate the audience with how stressed she is feeling. 

As she notices the petals on the floor, I would like close-ups of these to show how significant they are in leading her to Diorissimo. I would like them to be made more prominent in the film editing, by putting a filter over them too. 

The model will then walk through the streets of London, and the shots will show the London skyline. It will be shot in a landscape view, so that all of the famous buildings are in the shot. This is significant as it shows who the model is as a person. 

As my model enters the park after following the trail of petals all the way there, the shots capture a lot of the nature's beautiful scenery. This is significant because the scent is a floral one after all, so this signifies what the fragrance stands for. After this my model will find the tree that the fragrance is hidden in. The camera will follow her from behind as she enters the tree, then there will be close up shots of her inside the tree. 

Once my model is in the tree I want the camera to show her facial expressions, so shoot a close up of her face looking around wondering what is going on. And then as she realises that Diorissimo is right in front of her, I want the camera to follow her exact eye line. I then want the camera to focus on the packaging for Diorissimo that is firstly placed in the Dior gift bag. The bag has Dior's logo printed on it in beautiful gold letting, and I feel that this would give a festive, luxurious feel to the fashion film if there are closeups of this. 

Finally, when the fragrance is taken out of the bag, I want the camera to focus more on that. Close ups of when she first sprays it over herself are needed. Then after this I would like her facial expressions to be captured, to show the transition in her mood after she smells Diorissimo.

No comments:

Post a Comment