Monday 1 December 2014

PRESS RELEASE - Diorissimo Fashion Film Planning.

This is my Press Release for my Diorissimo fashion film. Whilst working on this I realised just how crucial these documents are, in getting the attention of the right people in the industry. These little documents can enable a business to get their new product or service promoted, without the invitee even attending the launch event. 

For my Press Release I spoke about my four touch points in great detail, as these are what makes the re-release of something stand out. It is important that these are as unique as possible to gain the interest of important people in the industry. 

After my touch points were spoke about in great detail, I went on to adding in quotes from individuals that were important in the making of the Diorissimo fashion film. These were added so that it would show the recipient the interviews that are on offer, and the kind of powerful quotes that they could use if they were to write an article on this re-release. 

I then went on to choosing an apt feature for the current season - Christmas! Offering something like gift wrapping is key when re-releasing a product around a specific period of the year. Everyone is looking for something free, as they are spending out so much in the Christmas period. Therefore, little extra touches like this entice custom even more, because as well as the customer feeling like they are saving money on something, they get one less wrapping chore to do too!  

I then went on to talking about some heritage and historical information on Dior as a brand. I also spoke about the key facts for Diorissimo, so that the recipient knew everything there is to know about it. Press love this sort of information, as it is things that will interest readers, but is time consuming to find out. Therefore, if the information is already there in the Press Release they do not have to waste their valuable time doing the research themselves. 

After I went on to speaking about some generalised facts about the fragrance market, and some specific facts for this year. This is once again valuable information that the press will be interested in talking about. 

At the end of my Press Release I added a notice, saying that the interview and images with Raf Simons, Creative Director at Dior was available on request. This is an amazing plus when being able to offer a full interview. The recipient may not attend the re-release event, but they may still be interested in writing a piece on this. Therefore, teaming up all the information the re-release, facts about Dior and Diorissimo, quotes from the interview, key facts about the fragrance industry AND a full length interview with images - an article has near enough already been written! 

Contact details are key to have on any document that you want to be placed in the right hands, as they may well want more information on the re-release. So I placed my contact details and my companies contact details at the bottom, centre of the page - two contacts are better than one!


No comments:

Post a Comment